Karon Beach Attractions
What to See in Karon Beach
Karon is famous for its beautiful long beach, a wide variety of restaurants, its shopping bazaars and a handful of friendly and not too over-the-top bars and a relaxed night scene.
A few attractions stand out here including the Dino Park mini golf, Karon Temple and the local market. Karon Temple is the centre of local activities and offers night markets several days of the week.
As Kata Beach is under the juridiction of Karon (the beaches are separated by a small peninsula) you can also take a look at Kata attractions to find further places to explore nearby.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
All Attractions in Karon
Popular with both adults and kids, Dino Park is an ideal family outing destination. Because of Phuket’s high humidity and heat, it’s best to frequent the place after the heat of day has abated. The 18-hole mini-golf course has different dinosaurs at each hole and is challenging in parts but nevertheless ‘doable’ for younger players. The clever lighting and atmospheric volcano that ‘erupts’ every 30 minutes with ersatz flames and a fog-like spray is best appreciated after dusk. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00 daily
- Location: Beach Road – directly between Karon and Kata Beaches next to Marina Phuket Resort
A trip to a local village market can be so much fun. Visitors are sure to spot some unusual products that they have never seen before. Likewise, going to a talad nat (community market) is a way to shop for the best bargain nick-knack items such as T-shirts, CD’s and DVD’s, jeans, hair accessories, handicrafts, fresh and cooked food. Read More...
- Highlights: At Wat Karon on Patak Road, Central Karon
- Opening Hours: Every Tue and Sat from 14:00 - 20:00
Wat Suwan Khiri Khet (Wat Karon)
Karon covers a rather large area but the village’s temple is close to everything important in the area, including hotels and shopping facilities. All the same, it still manages to keep a peaceful atmosphere, just off the busy Patak Road. Visitors will spot a few interesting statues including the two giant snakes acting as guardians of the beautiful ubosot (the temple’s main hall), and many Buddha statues, images and paintings (the black Buddha statue inside the building is quite unusual and hardly seen anywhere else) as well as colourful statues of monsters (or ‘yak’ in Thai) from Thai folklore.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: On Patak Road, close to Karon centre, about half a kilometer from the beach